Question: Large red bump at pubic area, what is it?

Michaelbl - Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 am

Yesterday evening, my pubic area was really itchy, so I scratched a bit, and I noticed a raised bump.
It's pretty large, itchy, and kind of burns a bit. I shaved my pubic hair 2 weeks ago, but I don't think it's an ingrown hair, I checked it and saw no hairs there.
It isn't an STD either, I'm still a virgin.

Is it a moqsuito bump?, a nearly invisible ingrown hair or a pimple?
What is it? And how can I get rid of it as soon as possible?

Thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 am

Well we don't know exactly what it is, do we? But given the facts you've provided, before I had finished reading your post I felt it sounded precisely like an ingrown hair, and of course after having completed reading your post it seems even more likely, even though you seem to feel this is unlikely.

Applying warm compresses to the area when convenient (and not hot, just warm) may help the thing resolve. If it is an ingrown follicle they usually do resolve on their own. If it doesn't go away within a week, or if it becomes larger with local swelling and pain, then please just have a doctor take care of it. Otherwise, warm compresses should help it on its way.

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us updated.

|