Question: Bumps on lower back of head and dark rough skin

loryne86 - Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 am

I HAVE HAD THESE BUMPS FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND IT ONLY STARTED WITH ONE THEN TWO AND SO ONE SO NOW I HAVE MANY, THEY ARE SMALL LITTLE ONES AND A COUPLE OF BIG ONES. WHEN I SQUEEZ THEM BLOOD AND CLEAR LIQUID COME OUT. IF I LEAVE THEM ALONE THEY SCAB UP. I WENT TO THE DERMATOLOGIST ALREADY AND SHE ONLY GAVE ME PILLS TO TAKE FOR 10 DAYS AND IT DIDNT WORK. SOMETIMES THEY HURT EVEN WHEN I don't TOUCH THEM.
I ALSO HAVE HAVE ROUGH DARK SKIN ON MY NECK, UNDERARMS, UNDER MY BREASTS, BETWEEN MY LEGS, ELBOWS HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 pm

The bumps on the back of your head sound like they may be inflamed sebacious glands (which secrete oil to keep the skin supple). The pills you received were probably antibiotics, and if the problem has recurred or never went away, it may be due to the need for more thorough cleansing of the area on a daily basis. As for the patches of rough, dark skin on various parts of your body, this definitely needs to be evaluated by a dermatologist, as it is difficult to visualize and there are too many possible causes for this.

I hope this is of some help to you. Please follow up with us, especially if you have anything new develop.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:28 am

User avatar I hope you are feeling better. Please keep us updated.

|