Question: Lower lips are peeling all the time

misgana - Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:06 am

Dear doctor,

My lip problem began befre seven years when i was 14 .it was not as serious as now ,at that time it is pealed of and haealed.But by the time i was
15, during the hot summer of Ethiopia it became serious that it gets pealed eve
ry 24 hours and when i drink water or when something wet touches it, my lower
lip gets white then the when it dries, it regains its normal color. It has become
very discomforting for me.i have visited my local dermatologist at the time and
he suggested that it is due to the sun and gave me some compound which also
contains nivea cream but it didnt help me.i have also tried chapstics.it is such a problem that i cant kiss my girlfriend.what could be the reason for my lower lips pealing? the other thing is there is a small wrinkle on the right side of my lower lip since my childhood and due to the pealing it is becoming visble; does the wrinkle has any relation with my lip problem? also, i havent tried vitamins.whats
your solution?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 am

I hope you are feeling better. I am not a dermatologist but your symptoms can be caused by several conditions. Unfortunately, as with many dermatological diseases there's no way to reach a diagnosis without an exam and sometimes even a treatment challenge.

Here are a few possibilities and terms that you can look up and they may help you in your discussion with a dermatologist:
Cheilitis
Angular cheilitis: which can be caused by vitamin B2 deficiency.
Eczema of the lips
Yeast infection

Please keep this thread updated.

|