News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: bruises? welts? burst vessels?

Merboy - Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi. I had sex with a guy last night and I was straddled over him. As we had it off, he slapped my bottom, only he didn't quite reach my actual cheeks and instead was slapping the top part of my sides, not quite the fleshy parts. Today, 24 hours later, I looked in the mirror and noticed that I had lots of blotchy red and purple spots where he hit me. I'm not sure if they're bruises or welts or burst blood vessels but they look awful and I want to know if they'll heal and go away or if they'll be on me forever.

Thank you,
Michael
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:40 pm

User avatar Hello -

Bruises, welts, burst blood vessels -- these are all usually matters of degree; they are all hematomas caused by, in this case, overly-vigorous slapping. They should go away, but it could take a week or so for them to fade, from your description of them. Meanwhile, the question arises: do you bruise easily? Just curious. If the slap was truly hard, that alone could explain this, and it is hardly surprising considering where the slap actually landed.

Hope this helps. Let us know how things go.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here