News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: stretch marks literally everywhere

williamse - Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 am

Hey Im a 20 yo male and I weightlift and excersise. I've gained weight from lifting but not fast. Then I peeked in my weight at 190. I stayed like that for a while and then all of a sudden I started getting stretchmarks, I maintained weight and use lotion, but since then it has just kept spreading. Now I'm still the same weight and I have stretchmarks on my bicepts going up to my chest, I have them on my butt, inner thighs, knees, and back of my knees. I got a blood test a while back to make sure it wasn't cause of cushions syndrome they said no. I just cant get over the feeling thats there has to be something wrong internally because theres no way I got so many stretch marks from weightlifting. On top of all this I also have bad skin discolorations that appeared recently on my neck and where the leg and crotch meet, its really darks skin blotches. So I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or advice? thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:42 am

User avatar Hello,Striae distensae are quite common in your age group,and can develop with rapid muscle growth.Since cushings is ruled out one important medical cause is cleared.There are many treatments claimed but none satisfactory.Lasers do help but expensive.About the dark lesions in the crotch the are probably fungal in origin and would respond to antifungal powders.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here