News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Brown irritated spots in groin area

shadesdown - Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:00 am

For the past few weeks, I have noticed that I have been developing a rash in the crease between my privates and my inner thigh. Just the other night, I took a closer look while taking a shower and realized the area is turning brown and seems to be getting larger in the size of area. It is on both sides of my privates and has an awful smell. No matter how much I wash the areas, it will not go away and it stings like a rash. It seems as though it is releasing a creamy type of moisture.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:34 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like you may have a yeast infection which could respond to an antifungal cream or powder available over-the-counter. This would be something like Lotrimin. Look for "anti-fungal" or "jock itch" on the label. Also be sure to dry the area thoroughly after bathing by blotting with a towel and you could use talcum powder to help keep the area dry in the future.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here