Question: Brown irritated spots in groin area

shadesdown - Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:00 am

For the past few weeks, I have noticed that I have been developing a rash in the crease between my privates and my inner thigh. Just the other night, I took a closer look while taking a shower and realized the area is turning brown and seems to be getting larger in the size of area. It is on both sides of my privates and has an awful smell. No matter how much I wash the areas, it will not go away and it stings like a rash. It seems as though it is releasing a creamy type of moisture.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:34 pm

It sounds like you may have a yeast infection which could respond to an antifungal cream or powder available over-the-counter. This would be something like Lotrimin. Look for "anti-fungal" or "jock itch" on the label. Also be sure to dry the area thoroughly after bathing by blotting with a towel and you could use talcum powder to help keep the area dry in the future.

|