Question: mole that has become very swollen

mseals - Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:01 am

I have a mole under my left breast. Just close enough for my bra to rub sometimes. It kinda looks like a raisin. It is usually flat but does hang from a small area of skin. It will get red some times here lately. Yesterday it became very swollen and is about the size of a small olive. It is red and hard and has what looks like a few water blisters on it also. It does not hurt but does have some heat. I have a doctors appt. in 3 weeks. Should I be worried? Can it burst? Should I try to see a doctor right away?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:08 pm

No, this would not be an emergency. Seeing your doctor as scheduled would be sufficient. It sounds like it could be a supernumerary nipple - quite common, benign and often located in the area you describe.

mseals - Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:53 am

I tied a string around it at the base and kept it very clean with alcohol and antibiotic ointment and within a week or so it just fell off. I did that because it was a month before a doctor could see me. It was a bit uncomfortable but now there is just a very small scar and it has healed nicely.

|