News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Chemical Peel - Stretch marks

Majinoo - Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi ,
I have stretch marks on my back ans recently I saw on ebay a chemical peel that you can apply yourself and it removes stretch marks or make them appear less.
heres the link : http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0206688779

So heres my question : Would it be a good idea that I buy this product to get rid of my stretch marks ?

Thanks alot !
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:00 pm

User avatar Hello,
I know of no really effective way to eliminate stretch marks. By their very nature, they are a form of scar caused by tissue separation when "stretched" as the name implies. These do fade in time but I am not aware of a product that will truly fix this problem. If it were me I would expect the treatment to be minimally, if at all, effective. You may talk to a dermatologist about a product called Trofolastin but I am a bit leery of this because the only information I can find is on the internet, much like the acid you refer to. If there is something that is helping these to fade faster or better your dermatologist will know about it and it won't be kept secret from medical science.

I'm sorry I can't give any credence to this product, but I can't dispute it's effectiveness either.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here