News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: pus coming out of my penis

cub_bear - Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 am

i am having a pus coming out of my penis (not that much load of pus)2 days ago
i started by taking antibiotics.
i am afraid even if i get cured of it if any chance to have gonnorhea , syphilis or else desease?
by today the load is getting more lower and more liquid...
what should i do?
should i go and see the doctor? or i do the test after i finish from the antibiotic?? or if its cured its not serious anymore?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would have assumed your doctor gave you a diagnosis along with the medication. Did he call it a specific name such as syphilis? If not, you should ask him about this and whether or not he tested for other sexually transmitted infections. It is possible to cure some infections but still have others caused by different organisms that may not respond to these antibiotics. Most likely this infection will be cured with the treatment but I can't say what it is or whether there will be other concerns. As for long-term effects, this also depends on the infection. Some diseases do continue in the body because we do not yet have cures for all these things.

Stay in touch with your physician and ask these questions.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here