Question: Isolated Pale hard rash with red halo superior to the Ankle

FFD - Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

NKA, have the same pet x5 years. Rash started about 2x mos. Unknown onset nor provocation. Rash does not itch. I have not scratch the site since the day I became aware of its existence. The rash is isolated inferior to my ankle and lays on the Left lower posterior section of my Left Leg; It started about the size of my thumb, currently it has evolved into about 1" in height and about 0.5" in width. It has an oval shape, with a the skin pale and ashy (hard) and a halo of red dots arround the perimeter; within the halo there are minimal red dots as well. I have tried neorosporin with a no effect on the rash. I have tried lotion, Alloe, Cocoa butter and no effect, actually the alloe had a burning sensation, and I rinsed it out with water. Is there any disease or condition that can be concluded out of this?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 pm

There are so many potential causes for a lesion of this description that it would be very difficult to narrow it down to one or two. I think if it is still present then it should be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible, since it could be something simple as a localized irritation or something more serious such as a systemic infection (Lyme disease?), one of several sorts of skin cancer, reaction to a bite from an insect or other pest, etc. Even with your very explicit description there are too many possibilities to make a guess without having seen it and possibly culturing it or performing some blood tests. I take it there are so far no generalized symptoms, but the fact that it seems to be evolving is of some concern.

Please have this looked at and follow up with us subsequent to the exam. Best of luck to you.

|