Question: Swellings on scalp that lead to baldness

KyungMi - Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:41 pm

I've always have scalp acne but only a month ago, I noticed a sizeable swelling near my hair parting. When it healed, it left behind a bald patch.

Today, I noticed another similar swelling with sparse hair near the bald patch and when i put pressure on it, it burst and bled for quite a while before secreting some colourless liquid, similar to what you get when a blister pops, but perhaps slightly thicker.

The swellings are not painful unless you put significant pressure on them. Also, the hair strands in that area can be uprooted very easily, with no pain at all.

I was just wondering whether you could diagnose this and suggest a treatment.

Also, will the balding be permanent?

Thank You
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:44 pm

It is difficult to know for certain what's causing the lesions you've experienced, but I doubt the baldness is permanent. It is hard to tell without seeing this first hand, so my best advice to you would be to consult with a dermatologist, who could diagnose the scalp problem, treat it, and hopefully put a stop to this and give the hair a chance to grow back.

I hope this is helpful.

|