Question: Strange growth on right cheek that will not heal

seneca30 - Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:19 am

I have a strange sore on my right cheek that I thought was a pimple at first. It will not heal though. It looks like a pimple in that it has what looks like white heads but they will pop on their own if I even rub my cheek. It also has very dry scaly skin around it. I also have weird sores on the back of my head that will not heal. They are very itchy and leak or bleed when I itch them. I also have a problem with my right eye though I am not sure if it is related. It leaks or is very dry and I have stringy sleep that affects my vision. It also becomes very sore and foggy. It also looks as though the white part of the eye has some kind of a wrinkle in it like a wrinkled sheet that will straighten out if you pull it or rub it flat. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

User avatar Hi there --

This sounds like it could be one of several not-serious but perhaps very annoying disorders. It could be eczema, based on parts of the description, and since there seem to be things going on in other nearby areas which are similar, this seems even more likely. However, it could also be a staphylococcus infection or perhaps even rosacea, although involvement of the scalp (and the associated eye problem) make eczema more likely. The only way to know for certain would be to have a doctor, preferably a dermatologist, look at it first hand and probably determine right there, by looking at it, just what it is and how best to treat it.

The eye problem could be related, but if it's not then you'll also need to make an appointment with an opthalmologist to determine why this is happening.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us as needed.

|