News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: dryness of lips every hour even sitting inside home .

gagan111 - Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 am

Hello doctor....! i hav a problem regarding dryness of lips vey often in winters n summers......I hav tried every sort of vaseline n lip guards but no relief ........they go dry every hour after using lip guard ......this condition worsens when i go out in sun . my lips hav become very very thick by continuous licking ........ sooo doctor pleaz pleaz help by telling some useful remedies ...........Till then good bye 'n' Take care........'n' Thanx in advance..........!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
Often this problem results from lack of humidity in the air. You might benefit from a humidifier, especially when sleeping. Also, be sure you are well-hydrated. If you are a mouth breather, this may contribute to the problem as well. If this is the case there are some appliances that dentists use to help break this habit. Aquaphor ointment, if it is available where you are, can be helpful and some people benefit from pure lanolin such as Lansinoh, often used by breastfeeding moms for sore nipples.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here