Question: Small bump on penis

beantown10 - Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:56 pm

I have a small bump on the underside of the shaft of my penis. It is painless, and the same color as the rest of my penis. I have never had sexual intercourse and it apperas to be more superficial and not actually attached to my penis. It appeared about three weeks ago and hasnt grown or shrunk. It isnt causeing any problems I would just like some reassuarnce that it is harmless.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:02 pm

From the description provided this sounds as though it may be what's called a skin tag, a generally harmless but sometimes annoying little thing that has its own capilary blood supply, and so usually can't just be removed. Because of the relatively inconvenient location, and given these things tend not to go away on their own, it would probably be useful, at some point, so see a doctor about removal. There's probably no rush on this, but the sooner it's done the longer you'll have to not worry about it becoming a sudden issue. Of course if it should change in any way or bleed, then it would need to be reconsidered and examined at once.

Good luck to you with this.

|