Question: White scaly oval bump on heel of hand

AT_77 - Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:42 pm

It started under the surface of my hand and then it came to the surface. Its oval shaped its kind of scaly and stands of the skins almost 3-D. I thought at first it was a wart and tried every over the counter treatment there is nothing has worked. If I catch it on things too much it hurts and sometimes bleeds. The doctor doesnt know what it is. Its unsightly and embrassing I cant shake hands confidently because of it. HELP!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 am

My inclination would also be wart based on the description. The trouble with warts is that they take a very long time to treat on your own and most people give up before the project is completed. There are other methods for getting rid of warts, including using an occlusive covering (duct tape is sometimes used but other first-aid tape can do too). This seems to provide an environment that is not so friendly to the virus and is an easy remedy, but again, it takes a while. Some warts will disappear spontaneously, as fast and mysteriously as they appeared. If you want a more immediate cure, see a doctor to have it removed by freezing, cutting, or burning. If by chance it is not a wart, the doctor could better diagnose it when it is visualized and/or tested.

|