Question: Bumpy Scar On Inside of Lower Lip

quixo - Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:21 am

A few years ago I developed what I believed to be a zit of some sort on the inside of my lower lip. It irritated me, so I stupidly picked at it. At present, I now have a bumpy scar on the inside of my lower lip. I was wondering if there is anything - home remedies, creams - that would be able to get rid of this bump, or at the very least, reduce the size of the bump.

I do not have bumps anywhere else inside my mouth.

In terms of how the zit/bump formed, I don't know if this is actually possible, but I believe that I got it from eating too much spicy food.

Thanks in advance.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm

User avatar Hi there -

It sounds as though you had an oral canker sore (extremely common, not caused by eating spicy food), and even if you hadn't picked at it (not that that is ever a good idea, just FYI), they sometimes leave scars which slowly reduce and eventually pretty much go away, at least to the extent that it's not very noticeable after a while. There is nothing that will hasten this process, however, and you will need to be careful to not bite or chew on it, or otherwise irritate it. Most of these, as I've said, do resolve at least to the point where they're not noticeable, but it can take a while. Patience.

Best of luck to you. Hope this helps.

|