News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: raised bumps under skin between the breasts

msbiotech - Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:15 am

I am an African American female wondering if someone has an answer for me. In between my breasts there are these raised small to large bumps (some the same color as my skin and others are darker). The bumps are also on the underside of my breasts and on the sides. Most of the bumps feel like little fatty deposits. I have been using Bump Stopper –2 (razor bump treatment) everyday, and I just started using cortisone 10 and Ichthammol Ointment 20%. I have had these bumps for about 6 years. If it’s of any importance my mother also has the same problem. Do you know what they are?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 pm

User avatar Hi,Fatty yellow deposits on the skin with a hereditary basis are known as xanthoma and best to rule them out because of family history.Lipid profile study like cholesterol and a biposy may be needed too.Best wishes.
 Maya1986 - Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 am

I have that to. My cholesterol is low, I am very healthy and havent had any diseases.
they are small, like half a cm and they are like underskin pimples, some I even have been able to squeeze out, others are to deep and "jump away". I have about 5

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here