News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: small mosquito like bumps and loss of hair

doodee - Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Hello,

i'm a 16 year old female and for a while now i have been experiencing hair loss.and it just seems to get worse.now, about 3-4 months ago i started getting these bumps that look like nothing more than a mosquito bite but i wake up every morning with them.at night, i feel as if i have things crawling on me but when i look nothing is there.some of the bumps are in a clump and look like hives but the others just spread out over my body.now its getting wrose. i used to jsut get them on my arms legs and back, now im getting them on my stomach, butt,back,neck,face,arms,toes,fingrs,elbows...pretty much everywhere..and i start losing more hair everytime the bumps get worse.ive been to the doctors and they just keep telling my mosquito bites but now its too cold for mosquitos to be out so i know thats not it.we have bombed my house so many times and nothing helps.and now, i would really like some help in findinng out what this is because i can take the itching pain anymore.im in aguinising pain.please someone give me some clues to help me out.
 Tracy F. RN - Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Hello. You mention in your medical history that you have an allergy to dust mites. That was my thought before I had read your history. The feeling of things crawling but nothing is there when you look. Dust mites are microscopic. Allergy to dust mites can produce a rash similar to that of eczema, which would cause the intense that you describe. To rule out dust mites as the cause of your problem, start with vacuuming your mattress very well, on both sides. So you will vacuum it, flip it over and vacuum the other side. Then, the most ideal thing to do is to get a plastic, zipper close, mattress cover. This will the trap dust, mites, and their droppings which were not removed by vacuuming, and keep them away from your skin. However any mattress cover is better than none. Then put on freshly laundered bedding. See if this helps to clear up your rash and itching. If so, you have found a simple solution to an agonizing problem. If not, you should schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. Good luck to you.

Tracy F. RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here