News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pink bumps in my crotch region,

jubjub - Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:41 am

well for the passed few months on and off i get small pink bumps around my crotch not on my shaft though, just 10 minutes ago it was itchy so i rubbed my shaft and realised a small dot, im still a virgin so i don't know whats happening, im 15 and when i was about 10-11 i started to have a inner brown thigh, on both legs and little pink or purple dots there, is that anything? please get back to me asap im worried
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:09 pm

User avatar Hello,
My first thought would be yeast infection which responds well to over the counter antifungal cream or powder. This is similar to athlete's foot and the yeast thrives in the moist, warm environment. Look for words like fungus, yeast, or jock itch on the packaging. I can't say what else you have noticed on the thigh but I doubt it is of concern. If the bumps and itch do not respond to the treatment you should see your doctor. Since you are not sexually active, it is very unlikely to be anything serious.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here