News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: speckled light red rash all over torso after crazy partying

reorx911 - Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey docs,
so i had a cold recently and felt better on day 2 and like an idiot i totally got drunk and passed out on the kitchen floor, this kitchen is shared with 5 messy college students and is "no bueno". anyway, i awoke from this drunken coma with a lightly red rash that is spekled all over my torso all the way down too just above my groin and a little on my legs. even a patch on my face. they arent itching or hurting or anything, in fact they arent even raised. I looked at some pics on the internet and it resembles the reaction to a drug/alcohol reaction but not as severe. Anyway its totally lame and im wondering if their is cause for concern over something more serious like alcoholic hepatitis or if im just a hypochondriac that should stop passing out on the floor.
thanks in advance
- R
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 pm

User avatar Hello,
Rashes are very hard to diagnose but not considered a usual early sign of alcohol induced hepatitis. However, you are wise to realize that long-term consequences may be the result if you continue to abuse alcohol in this way. I promise it is possible to have fun without it anyway!

Meanwhile, I think you answered your own question and you should just avoid such activity in the future. Most likely the rash will resolve and perhaps is a reaction to the alcohol but probably not serious (yet). If it doesn't go away or gets worse, see your health care provider.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here