Question: speckled light red rash all over torso after crazy partying

reorx911 - Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey docs,
so i had a cold recently and felt better on day 2 and like an idiot i totally got drunk and passed out on the kitchen floor, this kitchen is shared with 5 messy college students and is "no bueno". anyway, i awoke from this drunken coma with a lightly red rash that is spekled all over my torso all the way down too just above my groin and a little on my legs. even a patch on my face. they arent itching or hurting or anything, in fact they arent even raised. I looked at some pics on the internet and it resembles the reaction to a drug/alcohol reaction but not as severe. Anyway its totally lame and im wondering if their is cause for concern over something more serious like alcoholic hepatitis or if im just a hypochondriac that should stop passing out on the floor.
thanks in advance
- R
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Rashes are very hard to diagnose but not considered a usual early sign of alcohol induced hepatitis. However, you are wise to realize that long-term consequences may be the result if you continue to abuse alcohol in this way. I promise it is possible to have fun without it anyway!

Meanwhile, I think you answered your own question and you should just avoid such activity in the future. Most likely the rash will resolve and perhaps is a reaction to the alcohol but probably not serious (yet). If it doesn't go away or gets worse, see your health care provider.

|