Question: face rash - STD or Poison ivy? something else?

nomghelps - Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 pm

in september, i got poison ivy on my legs and spread to my face at one point, but was treated correctly and went away within days. For some reason i still had a small patch on my ankle, and i still have that same spot on there today, now that its almost xmas time. I'm not sure why its still there, but all of the oil is gone, all the symptoms of poison ivy are gone, its just a little itchy but not that big a deal. For some reason i am still breaking out with some oil like rash on my face, where the oils dry out to look just like poison ivy (orange if youve ever had it before) but i did receive oral sex from a sketchy girl one time in october. I am still breaking out on my face with this rash, i was wondering if it was possible to get some face rash from an std, from just oral sex. the rash looks just like poison ivy, thats why i thought it was, but i don't think its possible to keep getting poison ivy when i live in philly.
thanks, and please no joke responses.

the rash is very like poison ivy - its itchy, and contains yellow/orange oil and flakes up, scabs and heals. the only thing is that it keeps appearing making me think i have an STD from reveiving oral sex. i thought it was in my sheets so i washed them all, but the rash keeps appearing.
 nomghelps - Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 am

furthermore, i just found a scablike bruise on my leg. It feels like a bruise when i press it, it could be non related though.
 nomghelps - Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 am

to add, i a bruiselike scab appeared on my leg today. this could be unrelated, just thought id say it though. it feels like a bruise when i push on it, but looks like a scab. idk i prob am just going nuts over a scab. please someone help, my face is really aggrivating.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:37 pm

This does not sound like a continued problem from the poison ivy exposure. However, you could have had an allergic reaction to something. I think you will need to see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. If it is hypersensitivity you may benefit from an antihistamine.

This does not sound like symptoms of STD.

|