News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Where To Find Menthol-Free Chapstick/Lip Gloss

seaco711 - Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi. A friend of mine has been having some problems as of late with her lips breaking out, swelling, etc. She just texted me and told me that she went to the doctor and finally found out what the problem is. Apparently, she is allergic to menthol. She said that menthol is found in most chapstick and lip gloss, which she loves to use. She especially likes to use lip gloss, but now she can't because she is allergic to the menthol in it. Could anyone tell me where to find menthol-free chapstick or lip gloss to get for her?

thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would recommend looking into "Burt's Bees" products. You should be able to find menthol-free products such as their "Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss" which contains vitamin E and oils such as almond, canola and soybean. There are others out there too but this would be a good place to start.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here