News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Eczema in my eyebrows

bassguy - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 am

Can you help me please ? I have had eczema since I was a small child. About a year ago maybe longer it has come back in my eyebrows for some reason. I noticed its way worse in the winter and some things cause it to be worse like water and stuff. Anyway, my eyebrows are very delicate due to this . They fall out very easy and I constantly have bald spots in them. The skin in the eyebrows itch like crazy, turn red, scaly and ooze. The whole eyebrow is bright red . They are really bad right now. I constantly have to flake or peel the skin. Its really bad. is there anything that can be done. I know i should see a dermatologist but I have no insurance. Creams are no good due to its hard to rub it in cause my eyebrows fall out . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 am

User avatar Hello,
I would recommend using nightly applications of Cetaphyl or Eucerin cream (not lotion). Don't rub it in excessively but use gentle application. Avoid all soap and use only cleansers of the same brands listed above. Getting and keeping skin moist will help resolve the problem.

Meanwhile, start saving some money to set aside for health care. If you had insurance, a portion of your income would be going to premiums and in addition, you would have deductibles and copays to meet so insurance itself is no panacea. Everyone should plan to save for such needs as this or uncovered medical care. Lack of insurance should not be the reason you neglect your self-care. If the above measures don't help, a prescription may be helpful.

Best wishes.
 bassguy - Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:08 pm

thank you very much, any idea on where to get the cetaphyl cream ? just at rite aid or the grocery store or something ? I really appreciate it. Thank you again.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:24 pm

User avatar Most drug stores carry it as well as warehouse stores such as Costco (assuming you are in the U.S.). You can even find it online at Amazon.com. I'm sorry I spelled it incorrectly. It should be Cetaphil.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here