Question: itchy white bumps that look like mosquito bites

Kathleena - Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:33 pm

I keep getting these itchy white bumps all over my body that look like mosquito bumps every day. Sometimes they start on my upper thighs then spread to my lower legs,back ,shoulders,arms,breasts, scalp,neck,chest,buttocks, everywhere. Then after I scratch like crazy sometimes it just stops after awhile. Please help me stop the itcking. It's been this way for months.
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:24 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you consulted your doctor? Antihistamines like Zyrtec help some with the itching.

bill
 puremalice - Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:46 pm

I have the same thing and have been to multiple doctors and they have no clue.

nothing helps...either for the itching
 Trikageon - Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:46 am

I've just started getting the same thing. I'm thinking hard about seeing a derm. Let me know if anyone's gotten anything conclusive on this yet. It's so strange. It almost seems viral!?
 maiden75 - Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:26 pm

I have the same thing off and on, i think it's hives, which are just one of those things that will go away as fast as they started. I use witch hazel for the itch and take a benadryl. Rarely do they know why people get hives *unless* you ate something you are allergic to or are using a new soap or lotion? Otherwise you may just get em for no good reason! I'm an itching machine too! :P
 Hanmin - Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:24 am

I have the exact same thing, I think. Theres these white spots on my skin which puffs up a little. Some are a big blotch some are a size of a misquito bite, the biggest I got is about a size of a quarter. They come and go, they usually go away after a bath with hot water, baking soda, and some germ killing soap, but they DO come back. That is just a temporary solution for the itch and bumps, I do this about 3 to 4 times a day.
 esther - Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:46 am

same problem here... i went to see doctor a few times, one doctor just give me cream a apply but it won't stop this problem. Then i visit another doctor, he only tells me to avoid wear metal or rubber material at those area eg.waist, which i did not. but he only says that its skin allergy on the material i wear. :-\ he gives me cream to apply but the problem is still not solved. my back and waist has the same problem, i will use rough sponge and body foam to scrub the itchy area with warm water, but its only a temperary solution. however it can't be done when outside. :(
 Hanmin - Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Apparently my problem was an allergy,the doctor gave me Hydroxyz Pam 25MG. Its a generic Vistrail, ask your doctor if it would help your condition, mine helped me alot
 Daria - Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:01 pm

I also got the white, itchy bumps and I think they are Hives. I bought[color=red] Benadryl[/color], (the allergy medicine)took it and it stoped. Unfortunately it didn't go away. When I don't take it, it comes back. But hey, if this is going to get me through the night in peace then it's all good.
 Hanmin - Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:05 pm

yeah, mines was hives, it looks gross :P
I went to my doctor and she gave me a prescription.
The M\edicine is called
HYDROXYZ PAM 25MG CAP (EON )
Generic For: VISTARIL 25MG CAP PFIZ

aND all i gotta do is take 1 every six hours only for itching, i took it once or twice, and BOOM its all gone, now i only use it if it comes back somehow, works great,

DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION, REMEMBER I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND HAVE NO AUTHORITIES TO TELL YOU WHICH MEDICINE TO TAKE. I JUST SUGGEST YOU A MEDICINE THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.
 kcty1994 - Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:01 am

hey guys,
first time i've replied. I have the exact same thing but with a host of other troubling symptoms, but my primary told me to go to a derm to get a possible biopsy to fing underlying cause. hope this helps.
 English gal - Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:42 pm

I've had itchy mosquito-like bites on my face appearing (and now my chest and sometimes back of arms) for YEARS and I've told so many doctors and they basically don't listen to me - they keep prescribing benzl perozide as if it's acne. Certainly, after I've scratched a bit, (and even when I havent) it might look at first glance like acne, and yes I have large pores around the nose, but these are not acne spots - they feel like some kind of allergic reaction to something. However, I have never worked out any pattern at all. I never get them when I am abroad, but don't know why. It cant be stress because I have often been stressed abroad, working. It's seriously irritating me that I have done loads of research on the internet and nothing seems to fit the bill. Hives? The spots only appear one at a time - they start off small then suddenly become huge, white and hard itchy lumps. The only thing to stop them itching is tiger balm. They go down in minutes. But it's very strong and I doubt you're supposed to put it on your face. As for my arms, I have diagnosed that condition as keratosis pilaris, but this is not what comes up on my face and chest.
I hate this, I cant keep on like this.
Any ideas?
 privatedovelady - Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 pm

I had to move out of my long-term home and luxury apartment because the landlady had way too many illegal electrical violations for me to properly think she could be trusted in the future. Now, I am looking for a new apartment and after a week in which I have been "hotelling it", I have had white bumps appear on one side of my hip and leg and butt. I know it has something to do with lying on these industrially-washed sheets. After reading your posts, I swear that it is because sometihng is not "moving" . So I think I am going to buy a set of sheets and wash them the way I usually do and then NOT change them for a long time (I know that sounds repulsive) but it is because I want to have my "skin" on those sheets since there is no way I will reject those cells/bacteria. I'm sure this will work.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 am

User avatar Hello,While I am not sure about your methods, make sure that there are no bedbugs.These can cause nasty rashes along the areas of touch of the skin to the fabric.This is called by name Cimicosis.Just to be sure.Ok?
 Mom2010 - Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:06 am

My 2-year-old and I got that. I suspect it may be an allergic reaction to the carpet clearner I've been using. The reason I think so is that I wiped up a bunch of the carpet cleaner foam with dish towels and then washed the dish towels with some other clothes. I noticed that my daughter got the "mosquito" bumps immediately after wearing a dress from that load of laundry, so I think that some of the carpet cleaner transferred from the dish towels and got absorbed by the other clothes in the washing machine, including the dress. I was on my hands and knees in the carpet cleaner scrubbing it, and my hands and legs seem to be where I got most of the bumps. Has anyone else had a reaction to carpet cleaner?
 mabe - Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I have been to the dermatologist 3 times for these same symptoms-itchy bumps that had a white head initially, then either burst or I SCRATCH them. They sometimes scab over, sometimes disappear. But the one thing that is constant is that they keep coming back. Top of thigh, lower leg, feet, upper arm, belly. This is what I have found so far...
The $500 worth of creams, salves and lotions have had little to no effect. They are all cortisone based, and one is an anti-rejection drug given to transplant patients. Two biopsies from 2 different areas show nothing unusual. Last time took a blood test, and the results have my doctor concerned that it may be indicative of lupus. Another test showed I have the "markers" for lupus. Am awaiting an appointment for a more definitive test.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 am

User avatar Hello,While i am not sure about as to whether the concentration of the carpet cleanser was enough to induce an irritant dermatitis,one should remember that the solvents , surfactants ,and aerosol used might cause irritation to nose,throat,and eyes.
Basically soaps and cleansers can irritate the skin.But this is rarely so that nowadays the reputable companies take adequate precaution.
Alkalizing the skin may increase the number of bacteria resident ion the skin,and also lead to a decrease in fatty layer protecting the skin and resulting in dry skin.Preservatives used may lead to contact sensitization or whealing.
Surfactants can lead to throat irritation.And also fragrance can induce allergy.

|