Question: Bleeding red bump on forehead

kgregory - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 pm

I have a red bump on my forehead that I believe started as a zit. However, it never healed and is now a slippery, glazed bump that when accidentlly hit, poked, or if it has been wet for too long opens up and continuously bleeds profusely for several minutes. The spot never grows a new layer of skin but is always thin and red. It has been like this for about 8 months.
Thanks for the help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:53 pm

If you've had this problem for eight months, please don't let it go any longer, but get it evaluated by a dermatologist. While it may well be a big nothing, lesions that fail to heal properly and which tend to bleed are often cancerous (although usually not the most serious sort). It certainly deserves resolution after all this time, but especially since it tends to bleed and won't heal properly. This is always a cardinal sign that something isn't right.

Hope this is helpful, and please follow up with us as needed.

|