Question: Concerned

dgh - Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 am

Recently within the last two weeks I have had what I thought to be an allergic reaction to something, however, my routine as far as food, detergent and so on has not changed in any way and the symptoms persists.
I have from my waste down, severe itching on my legs and buttocks, welts and some bruising associated with it. I have tried benedryl and creams with cortizone to no avail.

What to do?
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:42 pm

User avatar Dear dgh:
It is possible to develop an allergy to foods or chemicals that you once were able to tolerate. Of more concern however, is the bruising. Having bruising without it being from an injury is always significant and should be addressed by a physician. Since we on this forum cannot see you, it would only be a guessing game. You physician will need to do lab studies to see what is causing the bruising and possibly the rash. Please let us know what you find out. Ok?
Carolyn

|