News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small bubbles on penis resembling spider bites w/o redness

DominusTenebrae - Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm

I am 21, from time to time i get small bubbles on the shaft of my penis, usually in close proximity with one another. It's winter, and the spiders have moved into the house I occasionally wake up with spider bites on my thighs, one time in particular I was bit some 6 times in one spot alone, I was able to count the bites as they were bubbles due to the pattern they were in and it swelled up and became red with irritation. Now I've been assuming that these bubbles on my penis were spider bites as they come and go. Only difference is there is no redness and no swelling. There is minor irritation. They don't fit the pattern of spider bites however, as they don't lay side by side like a spiders fangs would puncture. They look exactly the same though, aside from that...I usually pop them and clean them with peroxide before i shower, and they just heal away, though I know I shouldn't. I'm not in a position to go see a doctor though I will if I must. I am not sexually active at the moment, and I have had sex with only one woman who I was with for a year. We did not have protected sex, she had her reproductive track removed. She had herself tested for STD's and the like within the past year, and it came back negative, and we've not been together for well over two. I've done a little research on my own, and found two different symptoms usually attributed; pearly penile papules and lymphocele. I looked up pictures of both on multiple penis' and I do not believe it is either...figured maybe I should get an official opinion. Apologies for the extremely detailed report, haha...figured the more clear I was, the easier it would be for you. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
 Debra Van Ness RN - Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:35 am

Please get testing for STD. Even though she was tested, you need to be tested. Diseases such as herpes may create symptoms similar to this. It seems a little unlikely that spiders are biting you that many times in that particular area. And importantly DO NOT have sexual contact with anyone until you are tested please.

Debra Van Ness RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here