Question: white spot on my bottom lip

shrlee1952 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:46 pm

I have a white spot on my bottom lip , it almost looks like a white head. Is that possible to get white heads on your lip. what can be done to remove it or can I take something to get rid of it.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 pm

It is possible to get a whitehead on one's lip, but more likely that it would be a fever blister, and if it matures by crusting over then that's more likely what it is. If that happens or if more bumps turn up close to the original one, then it should be checked to see if it is a fever blister. If not, if it is a simple whitehead, then it should resolve shortly on its own. Fever blisters will also resolve on their own, but sometimes take a good while to do so, and for that reason it's usually more sensible to treat them.

I hope this is helfpful. Good luck to you.

|