News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Endovascular papillary angioendothelioma dabska tumor

faliawan - Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:49 am

my cousin's brother in law had a Endovascular papillary angioendothelioma dabska tumor in the right ring finger.he got it removed by surgery.the biopsy report says that its not malignant by the grace of Almighty Allah.i want to know the cause of this disease.what shall be the treatment?are there any chances of it appearing again in the ring finger?i also want to know the details of this tumor.
Thankyou.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm

User avatar Hello --

Dabska tumors are not malignant, but also are not well understood as to why they occur, although their form and habits are well enough known. They are rare and generally occur in young children, almost always in the dermis. There have been a few rare occasions of deeper tumors and rarely it will appear in a adult, but when it is located in an extremity (such as a finger) once it's removed there's no reason to expect a recurrence. Removal is the treatment and as a rule nothing more needs to be done.

As for details of the tumor, it is an odd derangement of small local blood vessels, which are described by microscopic findings of a distinctive appearance. Little else is known about them, except that they tend to behave in a predictable fashion and are almost always cured by simple removal.

I hope this answers your question adequately. Thank you for bringing your question here and good health to you and to your brother-in-law.
 faliawan - Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 am

Hello,
thankyou so much for your response.it was very encouraging.could you please tell me what exactly do u mean by simple removal?is it the removal of the tumor or God forbid the removal of the finger?i forgot to mention that the tumor is in the joint of the right ring finger and the fresh report says that its malignant.
i will appreciate your quick response.
thankyou.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here