Question: Pimples under arm pit?

AppleaDay - Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I shaved once maybe 2-3 weeks ago and ever since these small pimples have popped up onto my armpit...
I use natural deoderant so i wasnt quite sure why.. But i have been using two at the same time( im not sure why) but in these 2-3 weeks is when it all of a sudden started pimpling up so i don't think it has to do with that.

Now yesterday this red bump popped up on my arm, i tried to squeeze it..but it hurt soo bad!

what should i do?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

FIrst, what you should not do: I'm sure you've realized this, but don't squeeze these. Don't ever squeeze anyting that resembles a pimple. This can cause much worse problems than are already there. It's hard to resist, but please don't!

Now then: this sounds like simple folliculitis due to ingrown hairs from shaving, and some people are more prone to this than others.

The bump on your arm sounds like it is probably not directly related to the armpit problem, but may be the same or similar problem. You may need to see a dermatologist if this keeps happening, since ingrown hairs can cause this sort of thing and it shouldn't be turning up all over the place. The one on your arm could be just a coincidence, but leave it alone and if this doesn't clear up on its own or if it becomes more widespread, then definitely bring it to the attention of your doctor and hopefully get referred to a dermatologist.

Good luck to you with this and feel free to follow up with us here as necessary.

|