News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pimples under arm pit?

AppleaDay - Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I shaved once maybe 2-3 weeks ago and ever since these small pimples have popped up onto my armpit...
I use natural deoderant so i wasnt quite sure why.. But i have been using two at the same time( im not sure why) but in these 2-3 weeks is when it all of a sudden started pimpling up so i don't think it has to do with that.

Now yesterday this red bump popped up on my arm, i tried to squeeze it..but it hurt soo bad!

what should i do?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

User avatar Hello --

FIrst, what you should not do: I'm sure you've realized this, but don't squeeze these. Don't ever squeeze anyting that resembles a pimple. This can cause much worse problems than are already there. It's hard to resist, but please don't!

Now then: this sounds like simple folliculitis due to ingrown hairs from shaving, and some people are more prone to this than others.

The bump on your arm sounds like it is probably not directly related to the armpit problem, but may be the same or similar problem. You may need to see a dermatologist if this keeps happening, since ingrown hairs can cause this sort of thing and it shouldn't be turning up all over the place. The one on your arm could be just a coincidence, but leave it alone and if this doesn't clear up on its own or if it becomes more widespread, then definitely bring it to the attention of your doctor and hopefully get referred to a dermatologist.

Good luck to you with this and feel free to follow up with us here as necessary.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here