Question: what is this Small Mark on Breast?

ric - Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 pm

I have had this small pimple like mark on my right breast for over 5 years. It is flesh coloured and not very noticeable, but every so often it flares up for no reason. When it flares up it is dark purple in colour about the size of a small coin. The original "pimple" is larger, more raised and is dark purple with a slightly lighter colour of purple round about it. This stays this way for about a week when the colour starts to fade so it looks like a purple ring with a white ring inside it and a nucleus in the centre the colour eventually fades out the way until its all felsh coloured and then the dark pimple in the middle is last to go flesh coloured and that will be it for another few months. It isnt sore and nothing brings it on. I went to my doctor a few years ago but as its all normal again within 2 weeks by the chance i had doctors appointment it was just a pimple and i was told it was probably just a varicose vain. I have a new doctor now and she didnt know what it was but suggested it might be some kind of moleand offered getting it removed by a punch method if it was really starting to annoy me. i don't want to go through this if it isnt a mole? can anyone help please?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 am

User avatar Hello.Your condition reminds one of a fixed drug eruption which erupt and disappear in the same spot.There is a central dot and a peripheral coin which disappears in time,again to erupt in the same area..Do see whether any drug like analgesics precipitate the same.

|