Question: WHY IS MY DERMIS AND EPIDERMIS SEPARATING?

ausiekiss - Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

I am a 75 years old female. I smoke and was recently hospitalized because the doctors tell me that my dermis is separating from my epidermis. It is painful, it is causing massive subcutaneous bruising on both of my arms that appears marbled. The doctors cant seem to figure out what is wrong with me and it is getting worse. Can you tell me what is wrong?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 am

User avatar Hello,The conditions that cause epidermis and dermis seperation mostky fall in one category ie autoimmune disease in which our body reacts to self.Pemphigus,pemphigoid are few such conditions.Corticosteroids may be prescribed to allevate these conditions.Take care.Best wishes for speedy recovery.

|