News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Fordyce spots on penis

IndianaResident - Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

I have had fordyce spots on my penis for over 5 years now and I am very interested in advice on how I can get rid of them. I have asked on several other sites where the normal response usually goes something like "Don't worry son, fordyce condition is perfectly normal and not at all harmful; no treatment is necessary." This however does absolutely nothing for me. What these doctors fail to realize is that the condition is devastating for your self-esteem and severely affects your sex life. Harm does not just come in physical form but also mental. Having said that, I was wondering if there is any dermatologist on this site that could give me an honest answer to this question: Is there anything I can do (anything at all) to treat fordyce spots, or is this something that I will just have to accept and deal with for the rest of my life? I will greatly appreciate any feedback.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:10 pm

User avatar Pulse dye lasers have been used in treatment of fordycee spots.Never treated one my self, since I again feel as I have felt always, that it can be surely lived with,by modification of attitude.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here