Question: toe nails falling off

erm - Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:26 am

[color=blue]hi
i was wondering if you could help me!
i was at the beach about 1 month ago and i noticed my little toe nail was going white and starting to fall off. it fell off a while after and now the toe next to it is going white and starting to fall off. i have been told that it is due to a defiency. how will this be treated as i don't really want to have a blood test to be able to determine the deficiency.
thanks for your help
elly[/color]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:06 am

User avatar Hi erm,
Some of the things that cause toenails to turn white and fall off may include a fungus, anemia, hypothyroidism etc. I would suggest that you have an evaluation. If it is a fungus, no lab work would be required. However, if it would happen to be anemia, hypothyroidism etc., then lab work would be required so that the appropriate treatment could be provided.

|