Question: Strange sun-damage on face

da52391 - Sat May 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I always had really tan healthy skin on my face, and i never had sunburn or any problems with the sunand my face. About a year and a half ago i began taking doxycycline for acne and a bunch of prescribed washes for my face. About 6 months after i starteted i began noticing my skin was becoming dull, but i stuck with it. i tried out for the soccer team and made it, which required me to be out in the sun for long periods of time almost everyday. i came home after a 6 hour practaice and looked in the mirror to see my face burnt to a crisp. After that i used spf 45 every day, but the damage was done. i thoguht if i avoided the sun all winter and spring it would go away but it did not. i tried exfoliants, green tea, even yogurt on my face, but nothing helped. My confidence is shot, my skin is dull, greyish pink, and very unattractive. i want to get this sorted out for college next year. PLEASE HELP
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:04 am

User avatar Hello,Many a times external applications do not do too much good to the sun damaged skin.Therefore it is best to get the nutrients like Bcarotene in the form of yellow coloured fruits like pappaya,and carrots for example.Drink plenty of water to hydrate the skin.Take care.Best wishes.

|