Question: Premature hairloss? Say it ain't so!!

ajrunke - Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

I'm a 24 year old male and I am experiencing what I perceive to be premature hair loss. I am hoping there are other non serious reasons as to why I may be losing my hair. Both of my grandparents have full heads of hair, though one of them is slightly thinned. My dad has thinned hair, but he isn't bald. Anyway, for the past 3-4 weeks, as I've been shampooing my hair, I've noticed hair coming off my scalp when I look at my hands. The amount of individual pieces of hair that I lose is about 15-20 in total. After I rub my scalp numerous times, it seems to subside. It seems more centralized on the top of my head, but it's hard to tell because my hair gets quite short as it progresses downwards on my scalp. I've noticed the short pieces on my hand also, but not as numerous. Also, I have noticed that it's not always the same amount. Sometimes I have to rub quite vigorously to get any hair to come out. My hair does not look thinned at all. I'm just curious, are there any reasons besides ::dreaded:: going bald?? I've read about a thyroid imbalance, but of course the only way to tell that is to get blood work done...
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 am

User avatar The amount of hair lost in your case is quite normal,and does not need any worry.Take good nutritious diet rich in proteins and vitamins.

|