News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Poison oak on foot wont heal

micherie69 - Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:45 am

I am extremely sensitive to poison oak and have systemic reactions that flare up even when I haven't had any contact (however, I do own a cat and live in a semi-rural area). At least 3 months ago I developed a systemic reaction on the lateral side of my foot under my ankle. It never healed. Then I got one in the same exact spot on the other foot that hasn't healed. They can get as big as 2" in diameter and sometimes get almost healed but then blister up again. They can be very painful. I take Rhus Tox via tincture several times a day and it definitely helps, but I would like to know how I can cure them completely. I don't have medical insurance and am worried that if I pay for a shot, it wont work and its expensive!! Is there any hope for me? Could there be an underlying condition that is not allowing them to heal? My girlfriend is worried about diabetes, but I feel fine otherwise. On a side note, I do suffer from sleep apnea and maybe it's because I don't get proper rest?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:51 pm

User avatar Looks in favour of what we call as fixed drug eruptions,the bullae recurring in the same spot of original rash.This is not serious but can disturb.Even fumes of poision ivy could result in recurrence.Only way is to avoid rhus in future as much as possible.Local application of calamine help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here