Question: Whiteheads next to lips

Jon4567 - Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

For the past four months I have had small whiteheads appear and dissapear @ right hand corner of my mouth
There would nvr be more than 2 whiteheads appearing there
The whiteheads would be over top of a red base that has not gone away since I first got the whiteheads 4 months ago
The area is never itchy, but I have a constant feeling something is there in that region and if I open my mouth wide while I have whiteheads there they will pop and it will hurt alot
I went to my doctor just over a month ago and she siad that they were some kind of saliva cause sores and she reccomended using vaseline for them
The vaseline does not seem to help other than giving me some temperorary releif

Jon
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:06 am

User avatar Hello,This whitish scale and the red inflamatory border at the corner of mouth is supposed to be characterestic of yeast induced infection called monilial chelitis.This is only a minor problem and responds well to antifungal cremes as prescribed by your physician.A course of Bcomplex will also do good.Best wishes.
 Jon4567 - Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Thank you for your help.
I was able to visit my doctor and she doesn't think it's monilial chelitis.
I also took a look of some images of monilial chelitis and they did not look very much like what I have.
My doctor did have an idea of what it is, but I no longerr remember the name. She also said that this thing normally goes away on it's own in 1-3 years and there is a treatment, but it is not good to use on the face as it causes blisters which may cause scars. On her advice I have booked an appointment with a dermatologist, but that is not for another 2 1/2 months. I was wondering if anyone knows what it is based on what my doctor said as I would like to know before 2 1/2 months from now.
And also I don't know how this affects the diagnosis, but in the last few days a whitehead with a red base has appeared on the left side of my mouth and the white area is now yellow, but the small red base is still there.

Thanks,
Jon
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:14 pm

User avatar Hi Jon,Your doctor must have mentioned fordycee spots which of of course go on their own in a few, and are small glands over the lip area enlarged, but normal glands.They are yellowish.I did think of fordycee but your description did make me give monilial.Nothing to worry.Do keep in touch.

|