News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Burning skin exactly like sunburn but no rash

burning man - Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 am

Last night I awoke at 3:45 with an intense sunburn pain from my ears down to my ankles. There was, of course, no sunburn but the pain was real. There was no rash. When I say it was exactly like a sunburn, I mean that even when I bent my wrist back and the skin wrinkled at the back of my wrist it felt like a hot iron was placed in those creases. The covers burned my skin, the mattress cover burned my skin and even where my leg touched my other leg while laying down, it burned. Oddly enough, it did not burn anywhere in my groin area or buttocks. I forced myself to get back to sleep through the pain and it was gone when I awoke.
I am 45, male,type II diabetic and have had triple bypass surgery. I have been unemployed for the past 11months and am very stressed. I have searched everywhere on the web this morning to find anything related and stress, shingles without an outbreak, Fibromyalgia, insulin abnormalities, some form of herpes or even MS might be in play here.
Any help out there?

--burning man
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 am

User avatar Hello,From the features mentioned you may be having some features of diabetic autonomic neuropathy,or a B12 deficiency.A course of oral bcomplex may be worth a try.If persists do get investigated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here