Question: Burning skin exactly like sunburn but no rash

burning man - Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 am

Last night I awoke at 3:45 with an intense sunburn pain from my ears down to my ankles. There was, of course, no sunburn but the pain was real. There was no rash. When I say it was exactly like a sunburn, I mean that even when I bent my wrist back and the skin wrinkled at the back of my wrist it felt like a hot iron was placed in those creases. The covers burned my skin, the mattress cover burned my skin and even where my leg touched my other leg while laying down, it burned. Oddly enough, it did not burn anywhere in my groin area or buttocks. I forced myself to get back to sleep through the pain and it was gone when I awoke.
I am 45, male,type II diabetic and have had triple bypass surgery. I have been unemployed for the past 11months and am very stressed. I have searched everywhere on the web this morning to find anything related and stress, shingles without an outbreak, Fibromyalgia, insulin abnormalities, some form of herpes or even MS might be in play here.
Any help out there?

--burning man
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 am

User avatar Hello,From the features mentioned you may be having some features of diabetic autonomic neuropathy,or a B12 deficiency.A course of oral bcomplex may be worth a try.If persists do get investigated.

|