News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Excessive sweating all over the body for 10+ years

shoesterix - Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi,

My family lived in Ghana, West Africa, and about 10 years ago, my dad started sweating excessively everywhere, especially on his head, back and face. He can take a shower, and will sweat into this shirt right after showering. He also started sneezing and blowing his nose once he moves from a warm location to a cold location along with the sweating. He's seen many doctors who have prescribed all kinds of allergy medications to herbal medications, but nothing has worked. My dad moved back to China 5 years ago, but still has the same problem. We don't know what causes this, and this condition has really affected his lifestyle. Any recommendations/causes/cure are highly welcome.

Thank you
Best,
Xu
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm

User avatar Hi shoesterix,
Signs and symptoms of a particular disorder namely Hyperhidrosis comes to my mind when I hear of profuse sweating. Profuse sweating may occur in the axilla, palms or soles of the feet or may cause sweating in such profuse amounts that sweat soaks through clothing. Has he been evaluated for any endocrine anomolies or infectious disease processes, etc.? I can understand how his condition could be emotionally draining. I would strongly suggest he have an evaluation by a physician to identify the causative factor so appropriate treatment can be obtained. Best wishes!
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here