Question: pimples with hooks at the bottom of the sebum

jclvsall - Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:46 am

Hello. A year ago one of my sons got a boil on his side, another son at the same time got one on his bottom. We had these tested for MIRIS and it was negative. He had multiple small pimples that if we did not pop would grow to boils. These are painful to pop and we have discovered they have a "hook" at the bottom of the sebum that makes it so difficult to get them out. Very different than a normal pimple. The Doctor at the time told us that they were just "pimples" and some pimples turned into boils and for him to wash better. While we have not had any grow to the 2 inch size of the first ones in this past year, still I have 3 children now with these small bumps. I have done a lot of searching internet and books and still no idea of what they may be. Can you help. Thanks so much for your time.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:59 am

User avatar Hello,The history and features suggest Molluscum contagiosum, caused by a virus.These are dome shaped lesions with a pearly appearance,containing sebum like material.Treatment is often unnecessary.Removal,and cryo are the best methods.Infected ones may need antibiotic.This spreads by skin to skin contact.Do consult your doctor for further assistence.

|