News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: dryness on skin....please help (pics)

ridz_arman - Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:40 am

HI

My bro n sister are having the problems as follow:
1. my bro has some kind of fungus on the thumb of his foot which is not yet cured by local doctor here...i don't what the problem is...n nt sure whether its a fungus or wat....i m posting the pic.

2.my sis has some skin dryness may b too bcoz of fungus...she has them on both elbows, knees and sometime it grows on forehead or root of her head hair...may b some sort of skin dandruff...please tel wat is it n prescribe the medicines. Pictures:

Thanks alott.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:00 pm

User avatar Hello,Your brother may be having a form of fissure feet and would respond to vaseline applied externally.Your sisters case needs more to discuss.The leisions do look like psoriasis,plaque type.The silvery scales and the eruption sugget the diagnosis.However she may need a scraping for fungus to rule out a fungus.Eczemas too can look similar but itch a lot.Treatment would differ on the diagnosis.A biopsy may be indicated too.Do check with your doctor to follow up.
 ridz_arman - Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 am

yeah thnks doc... but i need more doctors to respond to me so that i can have a better idea esp for my sis.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here