News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Subcutaneous lump

Shortguy - Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello, I'm 18 years old caucasian male, and i'm in need of professional help before i go see my doctor about this, which is a bit embarrassing for me..
I've found a lump under the skin on the base of my penis 3-4 days ago, and when i squeezed it a bit white gooey stuff came out.. I'm guessing this is some sort of a subcutaneous acne thing, or whatever, but, 4 days later and the lump still hasn't decreased in size, still its approx. 0.5 centimeters and it feels pretty big, and it hurts when i touch it..
Could this be something serious or what? How to get rid of it? What should I do? I'm pretty freaked out and panicking right now..
I could upload a picture of it but i don't think its appropriate..
Anyway, thanks in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

User avatar Hello,The clinical picture is of a sebaceous cyst as rightly pointed by you and is quite a common condition.The other diagnosis is of molluscum contagiosum,a viral condition cauing pearly nodule with a central umbiliction.Both these conditions are benign and do not call for concern.The later can be sexually transmitted but does not get classified as an STD.Both can be removed with ease,and molluscum by cryo as an alternative method.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here