Question: Subcutaneous lump

Shortguy - Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello, I'm 18 years old caucasian male, and i'm in need of professional help before i go see my doctor about this, which is a bit embarrassing for me..
I've found a lump under the skin on the base of my penis 3-4 days ago, and when i squeezed it a bit white gooey stuff came out.. I'm guessing this is some sort of a subcutaneous acne thing, or whatever, but, 4 days later and the lump still hasn't decreased in size, still its approx. 0.5 centimeters and it feels pretty big, and it hurts when i touch it..
Could this be something serious or what? How to get rid of it? What should I do? I'm pretty freaked out and panicking right now..
I could upload a picture of it but i don't think its appropriate..
Anyway, thanks in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

User avatar Hello,The clinical picture is of a sebaceous cyst as rightly pointed by you and is quite a common condition.The other diagnosis is of molluscum contagiosum,a viral condition cauing pearly nodule with a central umbiliction.Both these conditions are benign and do not call for concern.The later can be sexually transmitted but does not get classified as an STD.Both can be removed with ease,and molluscum by cryo as an alternative method.

|