Question: red cheeks

preciousjewelsdw - Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 am

For many years my cheeck have been red. I have come to the conclusion that I just have to deal with it. I have been to several dermatoligist and do not have rosecea and several other docotr and blood specialist. One doctor told me that I had sinusitis and pollop another told me that I have thick blood. The pressure I feel is sometimes so severe that my head feels like it could explode. What is this. I can see the blood vessels in my cheeks. I am tired of taking meds with no avail - please help me.

thanks
shannon
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Has your doctor ruled out Lupus? Some people present with a "butterfly rash" on the cheeks with this autoimmune disorder but it can have various symptoms.

Do you take any medications that might have this side effect? I hope you have seen a doctor for a complete physical exam to rule out underlying causes. It is possible this is just part of your genetic makeup but it's good to have it checked out for sure. You describe pressure so I wonder if you have a sinus condition.

Keep track of your symptoms, if they come and go, if they are associated with any foods or exposures, activities, etc. or if it is a constant condition. Every bit of information you can share will help the doctor to find the cause.

I know it is very frustrating to deal with a condition for which you do not have a diagnosis or cure. Try to be patient as you are observed by your health care professional.

preciousjewelsdw - Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:23 am

I have recently went to a dermatologist and have been told that I have ruddy complexion. I am still not sure that its not a sinus problem also. I am going to keep researching things. Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:20 pm

User avatar You are welcome. There certainly are genetics involved here and I'm sure it would be a relief to learn this is just your skin coloration and complexion.

|