News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Inflammatory Spots (Acne Vulgaris)

Ryssak - Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 am

I have Acne Vulgaris (inflammatory spots) on my face, chest, shoulders and back. I have tried antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, random anti acne creams and gels, nothing really worked. I have noticed that my skin gets worse only after I have sex or masturbate, the next day I have these inflammatory breakouts. I know all doctors are saying that acne and sex is not linked but it is in my situation because I have tried experimenting, I stopped having sex/masturbation for a week or so and no more breakouts, my skin was recovering from previous breakouts everything was healing. Now I think this could be something wrong with hormones? Can you tell me what's happening with me because I want to have a normal sex life and clear skin like everybody else.

P.S. I have tried changing my diet completely, I stopped eating fried, fatty, junk foods, I ate fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meats, have been taking vitamins, even zinc tablets, lots of water. It didn't help, the only thing I noticed that was causing it was sex/masturbation, well ejaculation basically.

Thanks in Advance
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:37 am

User avatar Hello,if you look at acne few things would come to light.It is indeed related to hormones,infection,and stress.When I mean hormones, it means not in as much to the level of testosterone but the way the sebaceous glands respond to the normal levels.Due to some unknown factors the sebaceous glands respond in some people with enlargement and increased secretions which block the skin pores.A bacteria called cornybacterium acnes,a common resident in our skin grows here and resultant block of the follicle which we call acne.There is no direct relationship to sexual activities.Possibly stress,gulit complex associated with masturbation is causing the flareup.Again there is no direct relationship to diet.While it it a healthy practice to take less fat and more fruits,you need not punish your self with too much diet either.ok?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here