Question: 3 warts suddenly disappear, 1 i've had since i was kid

whitebear - Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm

over the past few months i've been curiously quizzing friends and family about at home wart removal. the reason is because around jan/feb of this year i had two small warts form on my ring finger on my right hand. I've also had a larger wart(maybe 6-8 mm across) under my left hand thumb knuckle(palm side) that's been there for as long as i can remember, and i'm 31 now. i used to pick at it in elementary school. so roughly 3 1/2 weeks ago they seemed to just start disappearing. first the tiny one on my right ring finger was gone, then the slightly larger one on my right ring finger began to shrink(it actually was kind of bubble shaped and was very noticable for me doing regular activities, ie i could feel it rubbing on pens as i wrote and so forth). so lately i've been watching the one i considered disgustingly large on my left thumb and it's began to fade away as well.

so i am very curious now about my vanishing warts, they seem to all have been effected at a very defined time, and all equally.

the only thing i can come up with is that on monday 3 1/2 weeks ago i really cut my ring finger on my right hand pretty deep. i was adjusting the headlight on my car when the screw driver slipped and i jammed my hand full force into the engine compartment apparently full of very sharp things. i sliced a neat little "9" shape into the side of the finger. it's healing very well, i applied antibiotic cream to the finger and bandaged it over night then let it heal in the open air since the second day.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 am

User avatar Hello,The viral warts are caused by HPV virus and nown as common warts.Most disappear in about 2 years but few tend to remain.Our body produces viral interferons which destroy the virus particles.As to when the body would mount such a response would be the time when the warts get removed possibly enbloc.I am not sure whether the injury related inflammation was responsible for the disappearance but it is possible.Best wishes.

|