News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Rash in Pubic Area

jack_of_heartz87 - Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:44 am

I recently noticed a rash that looked similar to pimples in my pubic area.
Just 3 at first and so i decided to pop them. There was no fluid or anything just bled. I decided to shave all the hair in order to be able to pay more attention to the area.
Over the past 2 weeks i have been paying close attention and noticed more red spots showing up but much smaller. They are not ingrown hairs. I am worried as I just got out of a year relationship because I found out the female had been cheating on me.

Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:32 am

User avatar Hello,These are either mollusum contagiosum or folliculitis.The first one could be sexually transmitted though it is not an STD.Even children get this and is caused by a virus.It is contageous and forms raised small to big papules which contain little chessy kid of material.It could bleed when opened.These could be removed by a doctor or by cryo by a derm.The other diagnosis is a folliculitis of the hair follicles cause by staph infection.This can be treated eminently by mupurocin creme.Do meet you doctor wo can help you to get rid of these with ease.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here