Question: Skin Damaged

talat75 - Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm

Greetings,
It was 8 years ago when a friend of mine applied hair removing cream on my face while I was sleeping.When I woke up in the morning I felt my face was burning,on watching in the mirror I found some cream on my face and I hurriedly rinse it with water but my face kept burning and remained red for many days, after that the whole face become black.
Then I consult a skin doctor,he prescribed me "1.Milis" 2."Kathy Dallas" skin repairing creams which I used almost for one and half year that improved my skin a bit but not completly and more than 70% of damaged area of face remained unchanged which created in me sense of inferiority which still exists.
Moreover,after that incident I felt that whenever I face the sun light my skin starts burning and becomes more black.
You are requested to prescribe such treatment through which I could regain my origional skin colour.
Warm regards,
Talat
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 am

User avatar Hello,You have developed an irritant dermatitis,and later post inflammatory pigmentation.It is difficult to get rid of this easily.Only time is the factor.Also you seem to have developed a photodermatitis,may be due to too many medications applied.Here the best course would be to use sunblocks to guard agaist sun induced damage to the skin.BCarotene taken internally is supposed to afford sun protection and thus skin lightening properties.You can always take a good course of fruits like papayya,and carrots in moderation,and oranges.Best to avoid too much exposure to sun.Skin lightening cremes though work in some could be harsh for others.Lasers help in select patients with localized pigmentation.Hope this information is useful to you, Best wishes.

|