News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: white skin spots

__ali__ - Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 pm

I have these small white spots on my skin that appeared about a year ago, they are 5mm in diameter at most, they weren't too bad to start off with but they have gotten worse. I'm not sure whether they are circulatory or what, but they are local to my right forearm and hand only but I think that they might be starting to spread to the rest of my arm.I have tried googling it but its definitely not vitiligo, as my right arm colder than my left and my veins are slightly less predominant on my right arm than my left, even though I'm right-handed (possibly just me being paranoid). If I rub my arm then they temporarily go away, but they are still visible, just a lot fainter. There is also slight discolouration where my arm goes slightly yellowy.

Please can you help me, that would be fantastic!! If theres any more information that you need then I will try my best!!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 am

User avatar Hello,Afer going throgh your clinical picture it is more like nevus depigmentosus,an anomaly which is seen in childern and adolescents.This is a localised loss of pigment limited to generally one limb.This is a kind of a birth defect,non heriditary but maifested later.It is said to be because of the color producing melanocytes not able to transfer the pigment to the skin cells.It is generally stable,and need no treatment.The differential diagnosis is segmental vitiligo,again localised but along nerve roots.This again is not serious because it does not spread elsewhere.Do check with your doctor for these possiblities.Ok?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here