News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: small pimples on child's arms, legs, buttocks for 5 days

hilly - Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:13 am

My child has had small pimple like spots on the arms, legs and buttocks for about 5 days. They started as tiny red pinprick spots, and are now more like a small pimple size, some look like little whiteheads. They don't seem to be getting worse or going away. I have been told it is chicken pox, but they are not becoming fluid filled, or popping open/crusting over or even getting bigger, and there are no more anywhere on my child's body, and no new ones are appearing. Also they are not itchy. My child hasn't even noticed them, luckily! I have been told it s chickenpox and to keep my child indoors until they have scabbed over etc.. but nothing is hapening to them. I can't stay indoors indefinitely. Could the diagnosis be wrong? If so what else could it be? Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 am

User avatar Hello,From the description and clinical picture a diagnosis of miliaria crystellina can be done.The are very small minute pimple like,multiple lesions associated with sweat glands.In children the sweat glands are not fully developed and thus prone to obstruction in high humidity conditions.The chicken pox lesions are vesicular ie containing fluid and there is Ho of contact either in the community or with some one who had herpes zoster.The earlier one responds to calamine applications.Do show the child to your doctor for the diagnosis is more clinical.In difficulty the fluid from the blister can be examined for tzank cells to get more clarity.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here